Frequently Asked Questions
Bemidji Welders Supply has always collected Sales Tax Minnesota and North Dakota because We have trucks that regularly deliver Minnesota and North Dakota.
Since the SCOTUS ruling in 2018 we are now required to collect sales tax in most states even though we don't have a physical location. This list is continually increasing as states determine what constitutes economic nexus in their state.
We're pleased to offer FREE SHIPPING to anywhere in the Continental United States on all orders over $50. For all other orders, please see our rates below:
Orders over $50
Economy (SpeeDee, UPS or USPS)………………$Free to the continental US.
Standard (SpeeDee, UPS or USPS)…………………$12.75
Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii or PR*……………Call for pricing.
Expedited (UPS)……………………………Call for pricing.
We do offer expedited shipping, but due to the variables of destination, weight and package size, we can only offer expedited pricing over the phone. Please call for our most update to date pricing for the added services. Lift gate service is an extra fee which we can apply to your order. For Freight Shipping please refer below.
- A reliable phone number and email address must be provided in order to schedule deliveries. Residential addresses must have an appointment scheduled, businesses may not.
- You must have access to a forklift or similar piece of equipment in order to unload the freight from the trailer. If you do not have access to any equipment, you may purchase LiftGate Service and they will bring the freight in an easily accessible truck. This cost of this service varies depending on the carrier.
- Once a delivery is scheduled, the entire freight must be thoroughly inspected PRIOR to accepting. If the shipment shows signs of transit damage, DO NOT accept the freight and have the driver notate the damage refusal on the paperwork. Once freight is accepted and signed for, it is the sole responsibility of the consignee.
- Bemidji Welders Supply will not replace or accept a return once the package has been signed for and accepted. Accepting an LTL/freight delivery is considered full acceptance in the condition received.
- If a shipment is refused due to damage, please contact Bemidji Welders Supply immediately. A reshipment will then be processed. If a shipment is signed for and damage is later discovered, a standard damage claim must be filed and processed fully before a reshipment is created. No credit will be given.
*Customers ordering from Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and all other US Insular Areas will receive an additional invoice for shipping after the order has been placed.
Other than occasionally shipping to the US Insular Territories, we currently do not ship outside of the United States. It’s something that we are reviewing, but not a service we currently offer. We will only ship to a confirmed PayPal address in Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, et al, and there will be an additional shipping charge. After we receive your order we will send you an invoice for the additional shipping charges.
We try our hardest to get your order out the door the same or next business day after payment is received. In the event of a back order, we will notify you as soon as it is discovered on our end.
Transit time for your order has a number of variables. Most items ship from our Bemidji, MN warehouse by either SpeeDee, UPS, or USPS. For larger items, we pull from a list of LTL companies including UPS Freight, FedEx Freight, to name a few. Depending on your location, we will occasionally have your order shipped directly from the manufacturer for quicker delivery.
We will gladly accept returns received within 14 days of delivery for a full refund, minus our original shipping/handling cost. Orders returned outside of the 14 day window are subject to a 20% restocking fee, plus our original shipping/handling cost. Returned items must be unused, in brand new condition, in original packaging. Items returned without their original packaging or in used condition will be returned to you at your expense. All sales are final after 30 days.
If you’d like to exchange your purchase, simply return the new, unused item in its original packaging. Once we receive your exchange, we’ll send you a PayPal request to cover the shipping cost of the new item. Once we receive payment, we’ll ship out the new item and email you a tracking number.
Damaged shipments must be refused at the time of delivery. USPS or UPS small pack damage claims involving items that have been used, or that were received more than 7 days prior, will be refused. Freight shipments must be inspected (packaging removed and contents checked) prior to signing the delivery receipt. Once the delivery has been accepted, the only recourse we have is to file a claim with the freight carrier (typically a 2-4 week process) and the outcome is subject to the settlement decision of the freight company.
We allow 14 days for the customer to contact us about a defective machine. Within that 14 day period, you can either take the defective machine to a certified repair facility and have the machine repaired OR return the machine to us for an exchange. We never ship a replacement machine until we receive, inspect, and verify the original machine is defective. Outside of the 14 day window, the customer must have the machine repaired per the manufacturer’s warranty guidelines. The customer is responsible for any return shipping to Bemidji Welders Supply or getting the machine to a repair facility.
Yes, the customer is always responsible for paying the shipping charges to get items back to us for a refund or exchange.
Our warehouse fulfills orders Monday through Friday and we pride ourselves on quickly getting your order boxed and ready to ship. That being said, if you’d like to add something to your order, contact us as quickly as possible, and have your order number ready, and we’ll do our best to ship everything together.
If you need to cancel your order, give us a call at 1-800-422-0570 and have your order number ready. As long as your order has not shipped yet, we’ll be able cancel the order and refund your money. Orders that have already been shipped can be returned for a refund, minus our original outbound shipping cost.
As soon as your order ships, you’ll receive a shipping confirmation email sent to the email address you provided when you placed the order. Please check your Spam folder, as sometimes automated emails end up there.
Give us a call at 1-800-422-0570 or 218-751-1392 and we would gladly help you find what you are looking for.